Friday, June 28, 2013

Pre-Season

Friday, June 28, 2013

So I got sick and tired of feeling sick and tired, and decided to actually look at the fitness and clean eating websites I've been "favoriting" for months. After 2 1/2 months on WW, I'd netted a weight loss of zero. Depressing, but not super-surprising, considering I was living off of WW chocolate snacks - seriously eating at least three or four per day.

Once I reached out to Melanie Mitro and was invited to join the July 1 challenge group, I started to worry. I'm not a finisher.  I have a long track record of getting totally into something and then losing my motivation, eventually quitting.  I want to say I am going to stick with this for 90 days - maybe this blog will help.

We start Monday and we've had homework so far.  I had to take my measurements and take "before" pictures. I wanted to throw up.  In my mind, I look cute.  In reality, I look the biggest I've looked in a really long time.  I always wanted to look like an "Estee Lauder bride" - you know - classic, thin, beautiful - but if I don't do this, I am going to look like a chubby bride. I'm spending thousands on pictures and other memories of my wedding day; I want to actually be able to stomach looking at the pictures.

This blog was also homework, along with putting inspiration pictures on the fridge and signing a commitment letter.  Melanie means business! 

I'm off to finish the laundry and work on finding my inspiration pictures! 
xo,
M

No comments:

Post a Comment